Relevant qualifications + min 2 yrs experience in business operations doing process mapping, analysis and operational process redesign. Excellent communicator; a mover and shaker. Financial services past preferred.
This position will assist in the Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) of Operational Processes within the UK, forming part of a company-wide Business Improvement Programme. Responsibilities include; New Business; Credit; Collections / Recoveries; Customer Service and Purchase Power processes.
(A) The role is directly responsible for the day-to-day running of business improvement initiatives, from inception through to implementation, ensuring that each produces results capable of achieving the planned benefits (within specified constraints of cost and time).
(B) As a member of the Project and Process Team, this post has responsibility for the achievement of BPR objectives, and will require close working with the Operations management to deliver change for business benefit.
1) Responsibility for fully mapping and analysing (in detail) current processes to identify, suggest and implement improvements scope will include the end-to-end process of New Business, Customer Services, Collections and Recoveries.
2) To achieve Operations buy-in for improvement initiatives.
3) Accountable for process improvements as prioritised by the Operations Project and Process Manager, and to regularly update on progress.
4) Production, and filing of Process Improvement documentation (throughout the project life-cycle)
5) Managing the on-going re-designed processes, through up-to-date policies and procedure guides; training plans and technological enhancements
6) Optimising the process by effecting a system of continuous improvement.
1) Minimum two years experience in commerce, preferably with Financial Services exposure
2) Educated to at least A Level Standard, but preferably Degree standard or equivalent.
3) An understanding of operational process re-design and process-mapping techniques is required, however, this could be substituted by a desire to learn contemporary tools and techniques.
4) Experience of Project Methodology - particularly, Options Papers, and Business Requirement documentation is desirable.
5) Highly developed interpersonal skills, capable of communicating effectively at all levels, with the ability to direct, control, motivate and maintain appropriate standards and disciplines.
6) Competent Presentation skills are required, as are Brainstorming Techniques.
7) An awareness of leading edge technologies (e.g. CTI, Workflow) would be beneficial.
8) A well rounded knowledge of leasing techniques, legal considerations, credit disciplines and operational experience, would be advantageous.
9) Possessing a commercially minded approach together with strong decision making and organisational ability. A confident, self-motivated character with intelligence, common sense and initiative. A good prioritiser who works well under pressure and makes things happen within tight deadlines. Ideally the incumbent needs to be an innovative solution provider with the vision to think out of the box.